Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Duckies

After looking on Jazzydacat's blog yesterday, I decided I wanted to be a mascot for animal welfare and the Duckie Club. There I am with my duckie Cuddles on the right. In order to become the mascot for the club I have to show people how they can help animals in Australia. I think this a great idea, as I imagine everyone who visits my blog would love animals!

The first thing I thought of was all those poor animals who were injured and orphaned as a result of the Victorian bushfires earlier this year in Australia. While donations for the bushfire appeal are no longer officially being sought you can still donate to the Victorian branch of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). Please have a look at this link to learn how you can help these animals http://www.rspcavic.org/campaigns_news/news_bushfires.htm. Livestock, wild and domestic animals were effected in this tragedy. There is also lots of information at the Wildlife Victoria site http://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/ftts.html and the Ark Animals site http://www.arkanimals.com/2009/02/19/help-australian-bushfire-animal-victims/.

While you're at the RSPCA site it's worth having a look around as the RSPCA does some great work. They also have animal shelters so if you are looking for a new pet please consider going to see them first. We rescued out cat Molly from a shelter after her mum's owner took her there when she was a kitten.

Also don't forget to check out the blogs in my favourite blog section, especially The Duckie Club. It is a club for animals who have duckies and aims to offer information on how you can help animals in your local area.





No comments:

Post a Comment